HENDERSON, Ky. -- Henderson County Public Library will open on Thursday, Aug. 27 at 9 a.m. The library will be open Friday, Aug. 28 but will be closed Saturday, Aug. 29, to accommodate any necessary changes to operations.
Starting Monday, Aug. 31, the library will be open Monday-Saturday every week until further notice.
What to know before you go:
• Operating hours will be from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Elderly and at-risk library patrons are invited to visit between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Monday-Friday.
• The number of people allowed in the building at once is reduced due to COVID-19 restrictions. Library visitors should plan on limiting their visit to 30 minutes while we have a reduced maximum capacity.
• Library visitors should park in the new Water Street parking lot and enter the building through the new entrance. The Washington Street entrance is closed due to construction.
• Masks must be worn by all patrons aged 2 and up while inside the library and should cover the nose and mouth.
• The library drop box which has been at the Depot since last spring has returned to the library parking lot. The Washington Street drop box is closed due to construction.
• All materials must be returned to the drop box in the library parking lot. No returns will be accepted at the circulation desk. All items will be quarantined for 4 days before they are checked in.
• Those using the computer lab are encouraged to make a reservation before their visit, and will only be allowed one session per day.
• Our meeting rooms are unavailable to the public due to construction and material quarantine.
• Henderson County Public Library employees cannot act as childcare providers by supervising unattended minors. All children 12 and under must have an adult present in the building to provide supervison.
All this and more is covered by a short video that can be found on library social media.
Contactless Curbside Pick-Up will continue to be offered Monday-Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. Patrons will no longer need to make an appointment. Patrons will have 3 days after getting a held item notice to stop by the library and pick up their materials. Patrons should park in the spots designated for Curbside Pick-Up and call 270-826-3712 to have the items brought out to the pick-up table.
For more information, please visit www.hcpl.org or follow Henderson County Public Library on Facebook.