Henderson Municipal Gas (HMG)
Established in 1859, the Henderson Municipal Gas system is the fifth oldest system in the United States. The system serves the natural gas needs of the City of Henderson, adjacent areas, and the City of Corydon.
- Provide natural gas in a safe, reliable, and competitive manner to customers of the system
- Purchase gas and schedule gas delivery to meet daily demand
- Install new services to customers
- Maintain and improve gas system infrastructure in accordance with regulations
- Establish monthly rates
- Assist industry with pricing mechanisms for their business needs
Important StatisticsHMG is proud to be a cofounder and member of the Public Energy Authority of Kentucky. HMG is served from the Texas Gas Interstate Pipeline. Our system is comprised of 260 miles of mains and 130 miles of service lines.
- Number of Customers Served (Approximately)
- 8,400 residential
- 1,100 commercial
- 50 industrial
- Annual Throughput: 3.1 billion cubic feet
- Department Personnel: 25 people
- Fiscal 2017 Budget: $20 million